Now that summer is in full swing, you're sure to find cookouts and BBQ's taking up some serious real estate on your calendar. What better time to try out some new recipes! You wouldn't want to show up to a cookout empty handed, would you? To give you a head start, here's a recipe that I tried out this past weekend.
Zucchini (as many as you want)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Start by cutting each zucchini in half lengthwise. Then cut a little off the bottom so that it will be able to sit in the pan without rolling around.
2. Cut each grape tomato in half.
3. Scoop out the seeds from each zucchini half to make your 'boat'.
4. Create a mixture using olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. This part can be made to your own personal liking so there's no exact measurements.
5. Place the zucchinis on a greased baking tray then pour the olive oil mixture into each zucchini boat and use a brush to spread it around evenly.
6. Fill the boats with tomatoes.
7. Cover the tomatoes with bread crumbs. Then place in the oven for 30 minutes.
8. Remove the tray from the oven and cover the zucchini boats with a layer of mozzarella cheese then a layer of parmesan cheese. Place the tray back in the oven and BROIL until the cheese starts to turn a golden color.
9. Cut into pieces that are small enough to be able to eat with your hands.
This recipe only takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 35 minutes for cooking time, so it's a great option if you're in a rush. Enjoy!