A couple of weeks ago when I posted about my visit at Brooksby Farm, I promised that I would report back when I decided what to make with my half peck of apples. Well that time is now, and I'm staying true to my word...I decided upon a warm apple crisp with ice cream on the side. I can't say that I've ever experienced a bad apple crisp, but in case you're looking for a guaranteed delicious dish, I thought I'd pass this recipe along.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel and slice your apples then place them in a 9x13 pan. (An apple wedger is a great tool for slicing apples!)
3. Mix white sugar, 1 tablespoon of flour, and ground cinnamon in small bowl then use a sifter to sprinkle the mixture over the apples. Then pour water over the apples.
4. In a larger bowl combine oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and melted butter. Crumble this mixture evenly over the apples.
5. Bake for 45 minutes then serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Original recipe can be found at AllRecipes.com